Re: [WriteLog] FW: WriteLog, MMTTY plug-in, MK2R+,Carrier only on transm

To: <dieven@msn.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] FW: WriteLog, MMTTY plug-in, MK2R+,Carrier only on transmit
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 21:12:23 -0500
Dick,

> When I fire up WriteLog 10.42D and configure the ports, I
> have selected COM6 in the RTTYrite window and have checked
> Software generated FSK DTR.

Do not use "Software generated FSK."  Treat MK2R+ and Router
as if they were a hardware UART.  Check "strict BPS" on the
FSK port of Router and add two or three extra spaces at the
end of the Writelog macro (if using RTTrite).

If using MMTTY, do not use "Software generated FSK."  In the
MMTTY plug-in configuration select "Sound + COM-TxD" or
"COM-TxD" on the Misc tab or the MMTTY set-up screen.  Then
click "USB Port" and select "C: Limiting Speed" so MMTTY will
pace the characters properly.

73,

   ... Joe Subich, W4TV
       microHAM America