Re: [WriteLog] CTY-1802 Contest Country Files - 18 March 2008

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CTY-1802 Contest Country Files - 18 March 2008
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 14:26:08 -0800
Question for those running WL under Vista.  How do you get the latest
country file, wl_cty.dat, to update correctly in WL running under Vista?

After downloading wl_cty.dat into C:\Program Files\WriteLog\Programs I ran
the Convert CTY to WriteLog utility.  I then started WL and entered a couple
of the new calls in the latest update file.  Neither one worked correctly.
A check of the wl_cty.dat file at
C:\Users\AL9A\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\WriteLog\Programs
showed the old wl_cty.dat file dated 2/12/08 was still in place.  So, the
Convert CTY to WriteLog utility apparently doesn't function properly under
Vista.

What has worked in the past is to use File/Web Update Data Files... from
within WL.  Unfortunately the files downloaded from the WL web site often
take several days before they are updated to the latest release by Jim AD1C.
Any help in getting the newest release converted for use by WL would be
appreciated.

73,
Gary AL9A