Re: [WriteLog] WL Sound Files

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL Sound Files
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 23:02:06 -0800
Nope, it will do call sign prefixes such as WA0 just fine.  I've got all US
call sign prefix and number combos recorded and they work.  AA0, AA1, AA2,
etc.  KA0, KA1, KA2, etc.  I've not tried it, but I think if you had the
time, patience and hard drive space you could record all possible call signs
into wav files and they would play.

Be careful with numbers though.  I tried recording the first 100 numbers so
that they would sound better than the parsed string of individual numbers.
It worked great for the first hundred qso's, but then when I worked number
101, for which I did not have a recorded wav file, WL sent the qso number as
"ten one", not "one zero one"!  I had to take a time out and delete all the
offending wav files so they wouldn't screw everything up for the rest of the
contest!

73,
Gary AL9A