Re: [WriteLog] Troubling info

To: "Dave Wilson" <n4dw@chartertn.net>,<writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Troubling info
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 10:13:24 -0400
At 12:15 AM 7/3/2008, Dave Wilson wrote:

>...I was a devoted WriteLog user until I went two radio.  The inability to
>switch CW from one radio to the other without some external switching
>device sent me looking for a better widget...

Not sure I understand what the "switching" problem is, but I suspect
that if each radio had its own computer it might work better for you.
Lots of guys run multiple networked computers. There are minor
problems with avoiding duplicate serial nrs and with keeping CQs
synched at slow times if both stations are "run", but otherwise it is
pretty smooth. Present cost of a simple computer to service the
second station can be less than the hardware some guys put into these
extra boxes.

Also, the redundancy is nice - one complete station can fail and you
are still chugging along at half speed.

Jerry W4UK