Re: [WriteLog] Problem sending F-Key messages and Band Map

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Problem sending F-Key messages and Band Map
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 18:47:25 -0500
> Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:21:31 -0700
> From: Rod Greene W7ZRC <greene5758@hotmail.com>
> Subject: [WriteLog] Problem sending F-Key messages and Band Map
>       question
> To: <writelog@contesting.com>
>

> Somtimes, but very infrequently, Writelog would just stop sending the
F-Key
> message. The message would continue to print on my screen but the TX
wouldn't
> complete.
>
> Also - how do you set the Band Map to record Stations that you try to
work,
> but don't complete the QSO? It records the ones worked just fine. However,

Rod, I've seen this before, usually a reboot clears this up.

The command you're looking for is in the Entry section of the INI file,
called MapCallOnSpace=1.

Set that, type the call sign (or click in RTTY) so that its in the call
entry box, and press the space bar, this pops it into the map for later
return.  I've been using this method for quite some time, very effective on
SSB and CW for mapping out both calls to return to AND callsigns you've
worked.  This prevents you from slowing down/stopping and waiting for the
station to ID.  Just look up, and move on.

Charlie
KI5XP