Re: [WriteLog] [microHAM] Writelog: FT2000 on MicrokeyerII not recognize

To: microHAM@yahoogroups.com, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] [microHAM] Writelog: FT2000 on MicrokeyerII not recognized - NEED HELP
From: "Wolf, DK1FW" <dk1fw@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 23:26:42 +0100
Joe,

To answer your question, I have disabled both RTS and DTR in Commander.

When Writelog starts, Router shows "open 4800 8N2" at Com5 but the red
and green triangles are missing, so there seems to be no communication
from Writelog to Router/FT2000.
This is confirmed by the CAT communications log.
With "Polling by Router diabled" i see green FT2000 responses to
Router-Polling as long as  Writelog is not running.
When Writelog starts and Router stops polling I only get two messages
(in black). The wording may not be precise.
- Port 0, COM5 opened 4800 8N2
- "FT2000 4800 8N2" (Controlled by Com5)
Nothing happens after that.

I selected the FT9000 and other baud-rate instead. Makes no difference.

When I do the same thing with Commander I see a lively Q&A game (in
grey) in the monitor

Communication between Writelog and Winkey on COM7 works w/o problem.

When I use my FT1000D on COM1, Keying on COM3 (router not involved)
everything works.
On the FT1000D level converter I am using a fully wired RS232 cable

All I can think of now is
- a handshake issue
- a polling issue (less likely, I should at least see something in the
monitor initially)

Unfortunately the Writelog documentation doe not state if hardware
handshake is used and I cannot find anything in the writelog.ini.
I am using an FT1000MP cable with the FT2000, which only conveys RxD and
TxD to the MicrokeyerII.
The real FT2000 cable also conveys RTS and DTR.

Do you think, that could be the problem?

73 de Wolf, DK1FW