[WriteLog] Soundcard question

To: "'Writelog Reflector'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Soundcard question
From: "Ted Boerkamp" <tboerkamp@cogeco.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 12:08:51 -0500
Hello Everyone.

                        I have acquired an old Creative Labs PCI128 (CT4750)
sound card to use in my computer

for both RTTY decoding and for creating/transmitting SSB wave files. I
decided on this card based on mail I had read

from other  users on this reflector and it had scored a 7F using the S.C.
checking program.

However, when I installed it in my computer it only scores a 7B and I get
the following message.

" Writelog failed to find a wave mute switch on the output mixer. It will
not be possible to automatically

route your mic through your soundboard to two radios on the L/R soundboard
outputs"

Is there something I have missed setting up in WinXP to make this card score
7F??? I do not run S02R

at my station but I am just curious why I see 7B when others are seeing 7F
using this card???

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy new Year to all.

Regards.