Re: [WriteLog] Soundcard question

To: "Ted Boerkamp" <tboerkamp@cogeco.ca>, "'Writelog Reflector'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Soundcard question
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@pclink.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 11:12:26 -0600
Ted,

I don't have an answer to your specific question, but the SoundBlaster
product line has many revisions of the same model number. As a product was
developed, the model number stayed the same but the revision number was
bumped up and newer drivers would be released.

Specific to your card, here's a link to a historical overview of the CT4750
that was introduced in 1997 by Ensoniq. The Ensoniq product line was
acquired by SoundBlaster shortly after.

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Sound-Blaster-PCI-128

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN