[WriteLog] CW reader in v10.73D

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW reader in v10.73D
From: "Edward Taylor" <Phinehas@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 19:20:58 -0400
A couple days ago I installed the latest version of WriteLog - my first
experience with the program.  I operate cw almost exclusively and have only
recently gotten into contesting.

v10.73D has a CW reader with a display window.  When the display window is
open, six streams of cw copy (or garbage if no signals are present) come
streaming leftward out of the display window.  There is one feature (among
many) I haven't figured out.  With the mouse I bring the cursor up to a line of
good text that is streaming out of the cw display window.  This causes the
cursor to morph into a tiny rectangle with a + sign to the left and slightly
above it. I have combed the WriteLog manual and have not been able to discover
the purpose of that little rectangle.  Can anyone help with this?

This afternoon I tested the CW decoding capability of the CW reader by copying
ARRL code practice at 35 wpm and it works great.

73,
Ed WB8TSD