[WriteLog] MMTY

To: "Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] MMTY
From: "Stephen Colello" <colellos@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 20:32:16 -0400
During the last CQ WW RTTY Contest, I had a real problem. Replaced my old
Windows 98 computer with a new XP machine before the contest. Everything worked
well until I got to the contest. When I run low power (100w) all is well- if I
run RTTY on high power (over a kilowatt) my messages many times continue to
repeat themselves--continuously. I have to manually stop the transmission. And
sometimes the wrong message is sent i.e. press F2 and the F3 message is sent.
Back to low power and the problem usually persists. When I re-initiate
RTTYrite, all is well again. Sort of re-sets. This doesn't happen all the time,
but about 3 times out of 4. MMTY stand alone works great. Even at high power. I
am using the native sound card that came on the mother board. For the serial
interface, I am using a SIIG card that has 4 serial ports--the same card as
used on the old machine but with the new XP drivers.

Yes it could be rfi, however I had it happened today testing with low (100w)
power.

Should I reinstall the MMTY plug in? If I do, do you write over the old version
or somehow de-install the old version and then re-install?

Should I get a stand alone sound card and not use the one that is native to the
mother board? If so, any suggestions for a good one.

BTW, using DxBase with the amp on, I have no problem.

Any advice?

Steve
KA2KAON