Re: [WriteLog] Single Channel USB / Serial Converter for RTTY?

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Single Channel USB / Serial Converter for RTTY?
From: Aldewey@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 23:31:29 EDT
In a message dated 10/11/2009 9:36:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
n6kw@seanet.com writes:

Another option for a desktop is to use a PCI card that provides
additional real COM ports. They are available from computer
builders and people who put together cash register systems. I
added 4 COM ports to my system this way.

Chuck N6KW

Chuck;

I already have one of these - a SIIG PCI card with 4 real COM Ports.  The
problem is that , although this card works great for rig control, it crashes
whenever I try to access any of the 4 port with MMTTY. I tried downloading
the new drivers from SIIG with no luck.   I use the built in motherboard COM
port for FSK for rig #1 but need a way to do FSK for rig #2.

I guess I could replace the SIIG card with something like a Byterunner but
I'm starting to spend some real money when all I need is one more port.

73,

Al, K0AD