Re: [WriteLog] Fw: ARRL 160 Contest

To: AL9A Gary <al9a@mtaonline.net>, Writelog Forum <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Fw: ARRL 160 Contest
From: Clay Melhorn <n9io@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:58:17 -0600
Hi Gary,

I had a similar problem during sweepstakes.

I had some serious RF issue that caused me to lose com a few times and a screwy
number entered for freq and of course the "red B"  showed up.

I re-initialized the com and manually corrected the freq but the B never did go
away.

The final log translated to cabrillo and the qso was in there.

I am guessing the B stayed as a marker in case you want to go back later even
though the correction had been made just to check that the change was correct
only now you're (not in the heat of the battle) so to speak.  Sounds logical to
me anyway.

BTW: nice to work you in SS, gud sigs...

Clay Melhorn N9IO Bonfield, IL
Webmaster:
KARS - Kankakee Area Radio Society - W9AZ http://www.w9az.com/
ARRL (Central Division) http://www.central.arrl.org/