Re: [WriteLog] ARRL Rookie Roundup

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] ARRL Rookie Roundup
From: "Wayne, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 01:32:00 -0000
The spec for uploading QSOs in real time for the Rookie Roundup was
published this week. WL does not currently support it. The existing
getscores.org plugin in current WriteLog distributions uploads scores (not
QSOs) and therefore is not useful for this contest.

(I also have to admit I have not yet come to an understanding of the value
of the contest sponsor receiving the QSO information in real time compared
to just scores. I can guess a few things: a) the sponsor's computation of
scores in real time can't be spoofed, b) the QSOs have to be uploaded within
a few minutes of logging them, removing the ability of fixing logs later c)
maybe the sponsor will make something more than scores available back to the
participants in real time?)

Wayne, W5XD