Re: [WriteLog] New SCC Module

To: Bernd DC3HB <dc3hb@freenet.de>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] New SCC Module
From: Mike <k4gmh@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 10:43:10 -0400
Hello Bernd,

Thank you for the module.  Not sure I used the correct one:>)

Did a search and did not find the RySSCfo.txt and RySCCfo.rtf files (XP) but
did find the RySCC.dll 05/05/2010.  The RySCC.dll is in the Writelog>Program
folder.  Found older versions, 7/27/2007, of the missing files in a backup
Writelog folder.

A couple of things occurred during the Contest that makes me think I still
have the old module:

   - The cursor doesn't advance when a year is selected (clicked) in the
   Rttyrite window with the cursor at the end of a call on the call line of the
   Call entry window.
   - A call can be logged without a year.
   - The "Preset Exchange from ADIfile.." didn't work.  The prefill of the
   year was not done for any of the stations worked other than for those worked
   in the 2010 Contest on another band.

These are all minor items and didn't distract from the fun of the Contest.
The "call can be logged without a year" item kept me alert to check each
entry to the log, so maybe that is a good thing:>)

Again, thanks for your helping us have even more enjoyment from the Contest.

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 10:19 AM, Bernd DC3HB <dc3hb@freenet.de> wrote:

>  Hi Phil,
>
> please try to use the RySCCfo.txt or .rtf. I think that the files
> located in the virtual user or in the data folder. I'm still using XP
> SP3 and can't test the installation. Wayne has checked the installer
> without errors.
>
> 73 de Bernd DC3HB
>
> Am 28.08.2010 15:40, schrieb  pcooper:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I know it's too late to sort now, but after installing the new SCC module
> from Bernd, (having removed the OLD version via ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS), I can
> see RySCC.dll dated 05/05/10 in the C:\Ham\Programs folder, but I cannot see
> the RTF (or any other RTF's for that matter) or the TXT files.
> >
> > I can see the old SM6SRW SCC module though, so I now wonder if I ought to
> remove the SM6SRW module, and what implications that has for other RTTY
> contest modules.
> >
> > Searching for RySCC.rtf or RySCC.txt yields no results under Win7. I
> therefore assume they are installed elsewhere, but where?
> >
> > As I have Writelog installed in C:\Ham\ with seperate folders for
> Programs and Contests, I now wonder where the new SCC module installed
> itself.
> >
> > I suspect I will have to uninstall both the new SCC module AND the SM6SRW
> modules, and reinstall them both, but will that then install a new SCC
> module from SM6SRW??
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > 73 de Phil GU0SUP

   Mike, K4GMH