Re: [WriteLog] New WriteLog PC Recommendation

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] New WriteLog PC Recommendation
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 12:34:09 -0400
 > We got new to us computers, 5 of them, they are HP DX5150 Small Form
 > Factor PC, AMD Athlon 64 3200 2.0GHz CPU, 512MB memory, 40GB HDD,
 > DVD-ROM drive, XP Pro with Recovery CD from a company called Micro
 > Center for $129.99 each.

I would be looking for at least 2GB of memory if not 4GB (3.5 usable).
The added memory will prevent task switching (memory swapping) when
things get busy.  Even with XP, that's important with large logs,
networked operation and telent all active.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0328122

microCenter does mail order.  There are other mail order sources for
refurbished (off lease) systems on-line - including both Dell and
HP direct.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV