[WriteLog] Multi mode operation

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Multi mode operation
From: W7OM@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 17:39:40 EDT

Joe W4TV has been a great  to me on a couple  of problems and I appreciate
his time, patience and knowledge.

I wrote about the fact I could not swap between modes, specifically  from
cw or rtty to ssb.  This note is to add some info  for background.

Setup:  FT-1000MP, microKeyer, and WriteLog.   OS  XP  Heil headset

1.  Setup ran smoothly until about a weeks ago when I  wanted to do a multi
mode contest..

2.  Can not transmit on ssb after cw or rtty.

3.  When I first turn the computer and rig on; call up  a WL ssb program;
all works fine until I switch to cw or  rtty.   Yet when I plug the mike
direct into the FT-1000MP  ssb works fine.

Item 3 is what is new.   Plus I now  notice that WL can not find the CAT
por [5 in my case].  I checked all  cabling and wiring multiple times.

I have not updated WL yet to the new versions until I get this  situation
cleared up.  Monday I plan to re-install the microHam software  and see if
that fixes the problem.

Have I missed something?  Direct response appreciated.

Have a great weekend.

73

Rod