[WriteLog] WAE SSB contest module

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WAE SSB contest module
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 21:35:16 -0800
Just completed my first WAE contest and enjoyed it immensely.  This being my
first experience with the WAE module I would like to make a couple of
observations and get feedback from others on how to handle some things in
the future.

1. In the Send dialog box, ALT+S, the QRV button worked correctly by sending
the group/count numbers followed by my SHIFT+F11 message.  However, both the
QRV? and QSL? buttons have a problem.  Instead of sending my SHIFT+F10
message they both send the SHIFT+F11 message which is not correct.  My
SHIFT+F10 wav file message was correct as I could manually send it without a
problem.  It appears there is a bug in this part of the WAE module.  Have
others experienced this?  Is this a core WL module or an add on module?  I
haven't looked it up yet, but if it is a core WL module may we expect a fix
in the near future?

2. My QTC exchanges went smoothly, except for one.  In one of the QTC
packets I was on  #10 of 10 when the receiving station reported he was now
experiencing heavy QRM and was unable to copy the last QTC.  We tried
several times to get it through, but his QRM problem prohibited completing
the last QTC in the packet.  I had already transmitted the group/count
number which was 10.  We actually got 9 through correctly.  Apparently there
is no way to correct the count number in WL or to somehow tell it the QTC
batch being sent was aborted short of the intended message count.  I'm not
sure how that works in post contest scoring.  Since the group/count number
indicates 10 QTCs and only 9 were received does the scoring reflect the 9
correct QTCs or disallow them all?  After sending the first 9 and failing on
the 10th one I clicked OK which then caused WL to x each of the 10 QTCs as
if they had all been acknowledged correctly.  Apparently there is no way to
edit the x field so the 10th QTC could not be sent to a different station.
How do others handle this situation?  I suppose I could click Cancel, but
then all the QTCs that were received correctly would be omitted from my log
and not match the EU stations log.  Something seems wrong with this.

73,
Gary AL9A