Re: [WriteLog] Contest problems

To: "'Steve Jarrett'" <k4fj@k4fj.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Contest problems
From: Ed Muns <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 17:49:52 -0700
Steve, K4FJ, wrote:
> During the CQWW RTTY contest, I experienced several problems
> with WriteLog which may or may not be the fault of the software.
>
> I used two identical computers using Win XP and networked.
> WriteLog version was 10.79  Networking never failed.
>
> One station lost call high-lighting four or five times during
> the weekend and the only way I found to correct the loss was
> to restart the computer.  This, of course, required
> re-networking and establishing packet.
> A real pain in the heat of battle.  I suspect RFI getting
> into the victim computer but would appreciate what others
> have found if they have ever experienced the problem.

I have this happen once in a while and all I do is exit the Rttyrite window
and then call it up again.  Not sure what causes the highlighting to go
away.

> Another problem we experienced was the F keys got confused
> and began sending the wrong stuff (stuff recorded in other F
> keys).  It is a strange problem.  Restarting the computer
> fixed it.  I am less inclined to blame RFI for this one and
> more inclined to think that operator error may be to blame
> but I have no idea what we did.  Both ops are experienced
> with WriteLog.  It almost seemed that the F key memories were
> stacking the contents.

I've never seen this, using WriteLog in over a dozen computers, notebooks
and towers.  Did this happen on both computers or just one of them?

Ed - W0YK