[WriteLog] TO7ZG????

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] TO7ZG????
From: "DickT-W0RAA" <dickt@w0raa.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 18:54:37 -0600
Well, I certainly thank everybody for coming to my rescue.  I'm not sure who
had the "correct" answer, but what I did was run the "Convert CTY to
Writelog" again, but this time I let it download the file before doing the
conversion.  Then I went back into my JARTS log in WL and saw that St.
Barthelemy was listed correctly.  Not sure what I did right.  So, I went
into a new setup I had for the upcoming CQ WW SSB at the end of October and
typed in TO7ZG and as soon as I completed the call entry in the data entry
window, it showed up correctly as St. Barthelemy.

My score submission to the 3830 site went up by 1286 points.  But I'm not
going to resubmit it again.  I figure that the log checkers at the JARTS
site will hopefully find my score to be higher than what I submitted,
barring any mis-cues at my end.  I'm happy with the score I got and have no
delusions of grandeur like I might win this one.  I should be so lucky.  :)

I went to a web site sent to me by Jim, AD1C, and it said to instally the
wl_cty.dat file to:

       C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\WriteLog

Darned if I could find any folder(s) like that.  Not sure why it needs to be
installed there.  Maybe Jim can explain that to me.  I can create those
folders and install it there, but if it's working, do I really need to do
that?  I am running the newest version of WL, Version 10.80F.

Unless I hear that it has to be in the above mention area, I'll leave it
just like it is and see if it works OK in the CQWW CW.  It looks like it
will.

73,

Dick
W0RAA