[WriteLog] Filtering RBN Spots in WriteLog

To: <n4zr@contesting.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Filtering RBN Spots in WriteLog
From: "Barry Merrill" <barry@mxg.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 10:33:21 -0500
I was unable to filter RBN spots from WriteLog.

I had connected to RBN direct from WriteLog and

issued the SET/FILTER K,VE/PASS command, but that

was rejected by DxSpider as an "Invalid Command".

N4ZR suggested I use VE7CC's CCUser program to

interface between the RBN and WriteLog, and after

only an hour or so, I had CCUser connected to

the RBN, and WriteLog connected to CCUSer

I opened the COUNTRY window in CCUser and defined

the filter by setting the K and VE buttons, and then

Clicked on Send to Cluster, but CCUser generated

SET/FILTER K,VE/PASS.

the same "Invalid" command I had manually tried.

But then N4ZR sent his screenshot of his COUNTRY

page in his CCUser, and I noticed that all three

of MY buttons under Filter Type were blank.  When

I clicked on the (overlooked) COUNTRY button, and

then and Send to Cluster, CCUser generated these

three completely different cluster commands:

clear/spots 7

reject/spots 7 by not by_dxcc k,ve

sh/filter spots

and they were accepted by DxSpider, and work just

fine to only pass K and VE sourced skimmer spots.

But, even better, you don't need to install CCUser.

Those three commands can be entered directly

from WriteLog, connected directly to the RBN,

without running CCUser, and once your filter is

defined, it remains in effect each time you

connect to RBN under that call.

73

Barry, W5GN