Re: [WriteLog] Intermittent garbage keyed [Was: SSCW 2010 K0HB]

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Intermittent garbage keyed [Was: SSCW 2010 K0HB]
From: "Radio K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 01:11:08 -0000
The computer in my case has an Intel "i5" multicore processor.  The OS is
Win7 64-bit "Home Premium".

In my case, the only cure was to reboot the computer.

Closing Writelog and restarting it had no effect.  Closing down "router" and
restarting had no effect.  Powering down microKEYER-II and restarting had no
effect.

I'm not enough of a guru to understand the significance of this, but......

.....on a couple of occasions when I was trying to close/reopen Writelog,
one or more of the dropped characters might spontaneously key my rig during
the interval that WriteLog was closed down.  That suggests to me that the
"delayed" characters were malingering "somewhere in the OS" between WriteLog
and the USB port attached to the microKEYER-II.

When I transplanted an old Pentium 4 running XP the problem completed
disappeared, using the same version (10.81f) of Writelog.

73, K0HB