[WriteLog] Keyboard Shortcuts

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Keyboard Shortcuts
From: "Georgens, Tom" <Tom.Georgens@netapp.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 17:20:57 -0800
Is it possible to have a single key, issue more than one command using
the keyboard shortcuts?

Specifically, what I am trying to do is to have the cursor advance to
the ZONE field when I press the "Insert" key to send the call and
exchange.  This will also populate the zone suggestion and allow me to
log the call when I press the "+" key.  It will save a keystroke.

The situation I am trying to remedy is that, when I am fatigued, I often
forget to space over to the zone field.  If it is an ambiguous zone, I
will know to space over.  If it is an unambiguous zone, I will neglect
to space over.  Then when I hit the "+" to log the call, I get an error
message.  When I am really tired, I tend not to notice.  Then, I end up
logging the next call in the previous call's Zone field and, when I hit
"Insert" to set the exchange, I send the old call sign.  I know this
sounds trivial, and it does to me on the first day, but it becomes
really annoying the second day.

I thought to reprogram the keys, but I am open to a better solution.  I
tried to read the manual, but found no insights.  However I did learn a
bunch of other new things so it was not all bad

Thanks and 73

Tom W2SC