Re: [WriteLog] GREAT RESULTS! - Rig Interface HELP - Icom IC-746 Questio

To: <n6kw@seanet.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] GREAT RESULTS! - Rig Interface HELP - Icom IC-746 Question
From: Clay Melhorn <n9io@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 21:18:42 -0600
Thankyou so much for the input to
Don AA5AU
Winford W8XC
Mark WA9IVH
Hans K0HB
Ron N0AT
Gary AL9A
Chuck N6KW
Fact is I tried pretty much all that was suggested that's why it was so
confusing.
Even tried the native comm port but it is now working PERFECTLY on one of my
SIIG quartet comm ports
which has always acted like native to everything I have ever hooked to it. (I
have three machines with these cards)

Anyway, Chuck N6KW came up with the ultimate answer in the followiing statement.

> You can disable CIV
> Transceive in the radio and enable polling in the software. You
> can also enable CIV Transceive and disable polling in the
> software. Which one works depends on what else you have on the
> CIV bus.

I assumed you had to have transceive ON so I turned it OFF on the IC-746,
Baud rate is set to 9600 and Writelog Polling is checked ON.
OS is WIN XP Pro.

So, for the Writelog archives let the above be known to another whom presumed to
know what he was doing yet remained stumped for YEARS until deciding to ask for
a little help. (It's kind of like asking for directions at a gas station in
front of the xyl'ish)

This made my day, THANK YOU to N6KW. Am so glad Chuck chimed in!
This is as good as getting a sweep!
BTW: thanks to K0HB and AL9A for the Q in SS Ph also AA5AU and N0AT in SS CW.

I'll let you all know if I ever figure out the packet tnc cluster issue.
Going to try a different tnc first, I'm feeling lucky now.

Clay Melhorn N9IO Bonfield, IL
Webmaster: KARS - Kankakee Area Radio Society - W9AZ http://www.w9az.com/