[WriteLog] PIEXX SO2RXlat (was USB to LPT port)

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PIEXX SO2RXlat (was USB to LPT port)
From: Paul Young <k1xm@k1xm.org>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 11:58:17 -0500
Older versions of the SO2RXlat used microHAM MK2R commands.  The MK2R
has a built-in Winkey and WriteLog assumed that if you were configuring
an MK2R you were also configuring a WinKey.  The SO2RXlat does not have
a Winkey and therefore would not work.

The current version of the SO2RXlat supports the OTRSP protocol.  This
protocol does not make any assumptions about the type of keyer.  So if
you use an SO2RXlat you should configure WriteLog for OTRSP.

I have not tried the SO2RXlat with WriteLog but the interface is similar
to that in the SO2RDuino SO2R box.  I have tested that and it works.

The SO2RXlat also has a second serial port which can be used for radio
control.  If you already have radio control and if you find that sending
CW is choppy you could connect a serial WinKey to the serial port for
a complete solution.

                               Paul, K1XM

http://www.piexx.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=12&zenid=1660aadf5ce41006249910e9bee8b6ab