[WriteLog] SO2R Control with YCCC Box (O2RSP)

To: Writelog user group <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SO2R Control with YCCC Box (O2RSP)
From: Rick Tavan <rick@tavan.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 15:45:26 -0700
I've been having a blast with the new YCCC SO2R Box. Thanks to the Writelog
team for supporting the Open 2-Radio Switching Protocol which provides very
good SO2R through this simple switch box. I have one question and one
suggestion:

Question: Does anyone else experience occasional, random delays in sending
Writelog CW messages with the YCCC box or other O2RSP devices? I fear it
might be a multi-tasking issue beyond the control of Writelog itself. Maybe
it's an RFI issue in my shack. Has anyone noticed this and figured out
what's happening?

Suggestion: Essential to SO2R operation is the ability to listen to the two
radios at the same time in different ears. YCCC calls this "Stereo Mode." To
enable this with Writelog, one sets Radio | Headphones Split and it works
like a charm. But Writelog turns this OFF every time it starts up,
necessitating a manual re-set. Why? Is there a Config File parameter to
defeat this behavior? WL appropriately leaves Stereo Mode ON upon exit.

Thanks & 73,

/Rick

--

Rick Tavan N6XI