Re: [WriteLog] Erratic CW - it's baaack!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Erratic CW - it's baaack!
From: Ed Muns <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 16:34:24 -0700
Lar, K7SV, wrote:
> During the RU DX contest while operating 15M from NR4M using
> the latest version of WL, the original MK and an OMNI VI, I
> had the same problem described by Gary.  The band was so good
> I just used the paddles until things slowed. After trying a
> number of things including reinstalling the MK router, I went
> into Setup then Ports in WL, left the same port specified for
> cw and K1EL Winkey as keyer and then hit go. That cleared the problem.
>
> In simple terms I just brought ports up and pressed go to
> resolve the issue.

Yes, this work-around works for me too.  I reported the same here on the
reflector on 21 February following ARRL DX CW:

        P40L (W6LD and W0YK) ran 10.84d with a message
        '%C <<ENN^K>>' and WinKey2 version 2.3 in ARRL
        DX CW this past weekend.  We had some delays in
        this message when first loading WriteLog, but
        when we went into Setup/Ports and simply clicked
        'OK', the problem went away.

Note that the problem returns each time WriteLog is started, but is always
cleared by going to Setup/Ports and immediately exiting without changing
anything.  Several others have found this works for them as well.

Ed - W0YK