[WriteLog] Control and Sending Problems

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Control and Sending Problems
From: Michael Almeter <w4mja@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 11:07:58 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,    I'm curious if anyone has had a similar issue to what I'm
experiencing: Last summer, I suffered an EMP, which took out the serial port in
my station computer, as well as the RS232 in my FT1000MP. I repaired the
FT-1000MP, and opted to use a USB to Serial adapter for the computer to
accomplish rig control and CW sending. The problems: Every about 5 or 6 CW
messages, the CW being sent will become distorted (ill-copyable). Hitting the
ESC button seems to solve this, but it comes right back after a few CW
messages. Currently I'm running WL 10.73, so I think I'm immune to the new
problems with CW distortion...
Setup: FT-1000MP Writelog V 10.73Windows XP Pro HP A600Y
73,

Mike

W4MJA