Re: [WriteLog] SP RTTY and Cabrillo

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SP RTTY and Cabrillo
From: " pcooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 02:17:09 -0700
Hi all,

OK, all is now OK. I have followed the instructions on Don's website about the
legacy installer, and it would appear that when I set up this new PC with WL, I
did not properly install the SM6SRW module.
I cannot remember what i did, but I do not remember using the Legacy Helper
installer!

What is odd is that I do seem to have some of the contests only found in the
SM6SRW module, and have used them, so I don't know how they got there.

Anyway, after running the Legacy Helper, I started a new log, chose the SP RVG
RTTY contest, imported the file created when I ran the SPDX contest module, and
was then able to export a good Cabrillo file.

Now, for those of you in a similar situation, you need to check out the web
page provided by Don on how to install the SM6SRW module here:
www.rttycontesting.com/tutorials/legacyinstaller.html

Also, if any of you have used the adif2cabr program by Marek SP7DQR, please
CHECK the resdulting Cabrillo file!
I used this first time round, and found that it did NOT export any received
serial numbers or Provinces.
You will need to export the "ASCII with no formatting by time" option, and then
use Marek's WL2CABR program to convert the resulting text file. That DOES work.

Don (AA5AU), I did notice one small difference when following your page about
using the legacy helper!
At the end, a small window opens up giving a list of changes/movements of
modules.
There is only one option button available, which is CANCEL.
I did wait for some time, just to see if another button popped up, but it did
not. I guess this window is just a summary window for information, but I closed
it using the red cross at the top right.

73 all

Phil GU0SUP