[WriteLog] New CQ WW rule on lockout

To: Writelog user group <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] New CQ WW rule on lockout
From: K6UFO Mark Aaker <k6ufo@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 10:59:48 -0700 (PDT)

How do I setup my Multi-op network of computers to meet the new CQ WW rule on
lockout?

The new CQ WW rule:

> 12. When two or more transmitters are present on a band,
> either a software or hardware device MUST be used to prevent more

> than one signal at any one time;interlocking two or more transmitters

> on a band with alternating CQs (soliciting contacts) is not allowed.

I understand how to set this up when the two radios are connected to one

computer, using "Radio: Number of radios" and "Setup: RTTY Single Tx Lockout".
This is how I do SO2R operation.

But how does this work for radios connected to different computers on a
network?
Assume I plan to have four radios, connected to four different computers for

four operators in a Multi-2 category.  During some of the time, an operator may

want to go looking on the same band as another radio.  Will

"RTTY Single Tx Lockout--First one wins" prevent him from transmitting over the

other radio?

It's time consuming to set all this up and test it, so I'd like your guidance
and

suggestions in advance, Thanks,

Mark Aaker K6UFO