[WriteLog] Help needed

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>, <MMTTY@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Help needed
From: "DickT-W0RAA" <dickt@w0raa.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 16:14:03 -0600
I had a new computer built last week.  I had XP/SP3 installed as O/S.  The
soundcard is a RealTek HD built into the motherboard.

I installed Writelog 10.88B on it as well as MMTTY and the MMTTY Plug-In for
Writelog.

I installed WL in the default location (C:\Program Files\Writelog) and I
installed  MMTTY in C:\Program Files\MMTTY and the MMTTY Plug-in for WL in
the Writelog\Programs folder.  On my old computer the above setup worked
fine.  I don't use an interface with my FT-950 and haven't had any problems.

Now, when I bring up WL and try to open a RTTY Window, I get a message error
box that is titled: MFC RTTYRITE MFC Application.  The message in that box
says "RittyRite MFC application has encountered a problem and needs to
close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.  (Yeah, sure they are :)  )  I
choose not to send a report to Microsoft, figuring it's a waste of time.

Am I installing MMTTY & the Plug-in in the right places or does MMTTY also
need to be installed in the Writelog Programs folder as well as it's default
location?

Any assistance would be appreciated.  Also, is anybody using a RealTek HD
Sound Card with a Yaesu FT-950?  I can buy an interface, but would that
would not be my first choice.

I might mention that I have CAT control with MMTTY, WriteLog, MixW, N1MM
Logger and I can decode RTTY signals 90% of the time.  The biggest problem
is transmitting and being decoded by another station.

Hope somebody can help.  You can e-mail me off the reflector at
w0raa[at]arrl.net.

73,

Dick
W0RAA