[WriteLog] Speed changes are lost when %I insertion variable is used in

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Speed changes are lost when %I insertion variable is used in messages
From: Mike Heideman <mike_heideman@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 00:57:48 +0000
We want to set up a QSY message that enables us to move stations to our mult
radio in CQWW CW.  Since the mult radio is most likely tuned to a mult's
frequency it doesn't make sense to use the %Z variable in the message.  Instead
we opted to use %I and plan to quickly type in a frequency near the top of the
band.

Instead of sending the QSY message at the normal run speed we want to slow it
down to catch the attention of the operator that we're trying to move.  This
also gives us a little more time to type in the frequency.  Here is a sample
message that we tested, slowed down a lot so that we could easily tell the
difference in speed.

OK

This message sends OK at normal run speed, then sends PSE QSY much slower.  It
then returns to the normal run speed to send the frequency that was typed in.
Is there a way to send the inserted keystrokes at the modified speed instead of
returning to the original speed setting?  If not this would be a useful
enhancement for situations such as the one described.

Our keying was done with a WinKeyer2.

-Mike, N7MH