Re: [WriteLog] WAE QTC's

To: "Mike" <k4gmh@arrl.net>, "Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WAE QTC's
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 12:01:19 -0900
I also had the same experience when tinkering around with the %s%s PSE AGN
QTC:%d%s string.  Any fooling around with it causes WL to crash immediately
when ALT+any number key was pressed.  I would like to know more about how to
edit this string to be more useful.  Specifically I see no need to send the
other stations call sign with each fill request.  He already is in contact
with you and will know the fill request is for him, so I feel the call sign
could be eliminated altogether.  Also after "...QTC:" I would like to have
the request repeat the number being requested more than one time.  A string
such as, "PSE AGN QTC: 4 4 4" would lessen the chance of the single 4 being
lost in transmission and the need to send the whole repeat request again.  I
never tried ALT+0 to request QTC #10, but if I only sends the zero this
needs to be fixed too.

73,
Gary AL9A