Re: [WriteLog] RigExpert TI-5 Audio Setup Problem with IC-756ProIIIWindo

To: "Chuck" <w5pr@swbell.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] RigExpert TI-5 Audio Setup Problem with IC-756ProIIIWindows Vista Home Premium
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 17:12:34 -0900
Chuck,

What is your OS?  Vista and Win 7 handle audio management differently than
earlier versions of Windows.  I'm not familiar with the RigExpert, but offer
the following.

If you have the WriteLog Sound Mixer Level Control (sound manager?) set to
USB Audio CODEC,  make sure you have "Setup/Ports/DVK type" set to Windows
sound board.  You must have some method of engaging PTT on the mike, a foot
switch, the radio's VOX, or a WriteLog function key set to play back a
prerecorded <magn.wav> file through the DVK.

73,
Gary AL9A