Re: [WriteLog] SO2V with K3

To: w0yk@msn.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SO2V with K3
From: John Graf <wa6l@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 08:19:09 -0800
Eureka -- I have found it.  I figured out what the problem is, and can now
start working on a solution.

I am using the K1EL WKUSB Winkeyer II.  It has two outputs, KEY1 and KEY2.  My
K3 is plugged into KEY1.

When you select 2 radios in the Writelog setup, the program automatically
switches the keyer output from KEY1 to KEY2 when you change the focus the the
2nd radio.  So that was what was happening to me.  The keyer output got
switched to KEY2 whenever I selected the 2nd receiver, and there is nothing
hooked up to the KEY2 output.  Writelog doesn't understand SO2V when it comes
to the keyer output.

I am sure that there is a way to fix this.  I have to research to see if there
is an .ini setting that will stop Writelog from switching keyer outputs.  If
not, then I am sure I can figure out a 'Y' cable with a couple of diodes to
have both outputs key the K3.

Thanks again for your help, Ed.

73,

John, WA6L