Re: [WriteLog] CAT control on a Kenwood TS-870

To: Writelog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CAT control on a Kenwood TS-870
From: "k0bx@arrl.net" <k0bx@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:09:59 -0800 (PST)
I have found that if a USB/Serial Adapter works for RigControl in HRD but not
Writelog, you can go into the Writelog.ini file and modifiy the comport setting.

[RIGS]
Com4:=9600,n,8,2 <=== Remove the '2' but leave the comma.  Sometimes just
changing the 2 to a 1 will work.  Doesn't cost anything to try.

I got a new computer, Windows7 and my old 4 comport serial board would not work
at all.  So I bought a USB/Serial adapter off of Amazon.
This has 4 comports and uses the FTDI chip.  As soon as I plugged it in, it
worked.  Windows found the drivers.  It is running my CW, RigControl and
RotorControl.  Since the motherboard had one comport, I am using it for FSK.
Here is a link to the adapter:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004ETDC8K/ref=pe_175190_21431760_cs_sce_dp_1 ;

Joe K0BX
Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk) without
my permission.