[WriteLog] Writelog RTTY Error Message

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog RTTY Error Message
From: "Ray Day" <rayday@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 06:45:53 -0700
Hi all,

Just updated Windows (XP) with a series of "Windows Updates" and now when I
start Writelog and select an Open Recently Used (and New also) log, I get
the RTTYrite Windows Application error message "Failed to create custom TNC
handler." When I click on OK, the Rttyrite window comes up, but not the
MMTTY window. Seems this error is generated in trying to open the MMTTY
window, and when cleared (error message window closed), the opening process
is continued (rttyrite window comes up) but without the MMTTY window.

So in troubleshooting, I started a new log and saved config without the RTTY
windows selected in the save config choices. So now I open OK, but when I
select "RTTY Window," the above happens. And after about 3 secs, the dreaded
"Server busy" window appears also. Choices are "switch to" or "retry." In
the past, I could close that error window thru Task Manager and ending
"Profiles," but now the only choice there is to end Writelog itself.

This happened with v11.04, the latest. I removed it through Windows control
panel and reinstalled v11.03, no better. I'm suspecting it's something in
Windows XP now, unfortunately.

Any ideas as to what's up with all this? Your help would be appreciated!

73

Ray N6HE