[WriteLog] Version 11.04A bugs

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Version 11.04A bugs
From: "Bud Trench" <aa3b.bud@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 15:54:25 -0400
Here is a summary of the bugs I have experienced with Version 11.04A and
Windows 7:

1.      The most serious issue is the "MFC application has stopped working"
situation.  I have experienced this issue with three different modules
(Field Day, RAC Canada and IARU) so it appears to be module agnostic.  I
have also experienced it while NOT using packet (IARU) so I don't believe
that packet usage triggers the problem.  When it problem occurs, I must kill
the application using the Windows Task Manager.  I don't know of a
work-around for this problem.

2.      There were notes on the reflector about the IARU scoring problem.  I
am in zone 8 and had to enter zone 7 in the "Contest Parameter Setup" menu
in order get the correct QSO point values.  This is an easy work-around
during the contest, but it has implications on the Cabrillo file - you must
reset the Parameter Setup to your correct zone to insure that the "sent"
exchange in the Cabrillo file is correct.  Note that the claimed score will
be impacted; I don't believe this is an issue as the log checking software
re-calculates the score.

3.      Historic FOC Marathon modules won't load; the load starts but bogs
down and I have to eventually kill the process using the Windows Task
Manager.  I am unaware of a work-around for this.

I am very interested in understanding the timing of a fix for item 1 as it
is very disruptive when it occurs.

73 Bud AA3B