[WriteLog] WAE RTTY - Managing QTCs

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WAE RTTY - Managing QTCs
From: "\(K7ZO\) Scott Tuthill" <k7zo@cableone.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 17:23:54 -0700
Am planning to operate in WAE RTTY this weekend, first time ever. Trying to sort out the whole QTC thing and WriteLog. (I am sure I am not the first to ask these questions sorry.) Using V 11.07.

According to the rules I can send and receive QTCs with anyone as long as they are on another continent and the sum total of sent + received QTCs is 10 or less. Let's say I work DL2XYZ and then send 6 QTCs to him. These show up in Writelog as 6 QTCs and the QTC-1 thru QTC-6 fields in the log window show the 6 QTCs I sent. Then let's say I receive 3 QTCs back from DL2XYZ. If I do this Writelog seems to overwrite the prior sent QTCs: The 6 QTC points disappear from the Band Summary Window and are replaced with 3 and the six records of the sent QTCs in the QTC-1 thru QTC-6 fields are replaced with the 3 received QTCs. It does show 6 sent QTCs in the Tx-Qtc field and 3 in the Rx-Qtc but all record of the sent QTC's is lost. How do you send and receive QTCs with the same station?

Thanks for the advice.

Scott/K7ZO