Re: [WriteLog] PK232 not initializing in clone window

To: "'Stephen R. Veader'" <n4dxs@verizon.net>, "'Writelog Reflector'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] PK232 not initializing in clone window
From: "Ted Boerkamp" <tboerkamp@cogeco.ca>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 15:32:40 -0500
Hello Steve....new update on my pk232 not initializing problem...a bit of
process has been made but not the way I had originally wanted.
I decided that since I might be having an issue with comport 1 that I would
try another comport to see if the pk232 would initialize.
What I did was use an Edgeport 4 port usb to serial adapter and I created
4 more comports labeled from com4 to com7. I connected the pk232 to com4
on the Edgeport and while using a laptop running win7, was able to receive
RTTY directly from com4 through the pk232. My initial problem had been
adding a clone receive window after using MMTTY as the main RTTY decoder.
So I connected the Edgeport up to the initial computer (windows XP) and
Opened writelog, opened MMTTY ok receiving RTTY ok, but when I tried again
To open a clone window, it failed to initialize AGAIN!!! Different comport,
going through USB to serial adapter and I still cant get it to initialize.
I decided to try N1MM software and this time, I had no problem opening and
decoding RTTY in both the main window (MMTTY) and a clone window (PK232).
All I changed was the comport and added the adapter and it fixed the problem
with one program but not the other. Writelog keeps telling me port not
available after it fails to initialize, which is wrong as com4 was a newly
added comport...its there all right!! I have changed the comport associated
with the PK232 from com1 to com4 and it makes no difference to Writelog.
I am stumped as to why. If I cant get it resolved, I will have to switch
over to N1MM for digital duties.
Regards,

Ted VE3SS