Re: [WriteLog] Parallel Port with V11.06a and XP Pro SP3

To: <john@kk9a.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Parallel Port with V11.06a and XP Pro SP3
From: "Hal Kennedy" <halken@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 09:38:07 -0500
John brings up an excellent point.  I have had the misfortune of being asked
to troubleshoot both LPT1 and COM port issues at various "mystery" networks
I have encountered on my Dxpedition travels.  I have learned a hard lesson.
The first place I go now is to the bios.  It surprises me how many bios have
either LPT1 set to OFF or one or more COM ports set to OFF.  When any ports
are not working ----- take a look in your bios.

73,
Hal
N4GG