[WriteLog] Windows 7 & Direct I/O

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Windows 7 & Direct I/O
From: "Alan Walters" <abwltrs@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 10:37:05 -0600
Reference my earlier post.  I queried Michael PAULE at Direct I/O.  The
answer is no although there might be a possibility in the future.  See his
response:

Dear Alan Walters,

thanks for your interest in Direct I/O.

Due to the many changes Microsoft made to the internals of W7 we regret to
say that Direct I/O is not compatible with W7 at this time.

Currently we are in the process of creating a W7 compatible successor of
Direct I/O.

Though I have no time schedule for it.

Regards

Michael PAULE

So for those that wish to continue to use the LPT port,  the answer seems to
be, continue to use XP with Direct I/O, or upgrade to Win7 and buy an
interface from MicroHam or Top Ten Devices.  I for one will leave well
enough alone!

For Writelog developers - tell us again why you cannot add a utility to
activate the LPT port as the guys at DX4WIN have done?

73, Al -- K5NOF