[WriteLog] Problem with DCU-2

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Problem with DCU-2
From: "JE Brown" <W4LC@fuse.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 13:03:46 -0400
I got a new HY-GAIN DCU-2 rotator control unit. Am trying to inferface with Writelog.

This unit has a built-in chip, and only requires a USB cable to the PC.

I downloaded the recommended drivers, and a virtual com port was installed via the "Found New Hardware" wizard. This shows as USB COM PORT 8. I set this port up as the rotator control port in Writelog.

It works. But only once. It slews the rotator to the bearing shown for the callsign in the entry box, as it should, but will not do it again for any subsquent callsigns. If I go out of Writelog and reboot the PC, then restart Writelog, the correct port (USB COM PORT 8) is still shown as rotator control, and it will slew to the correct bearing. Once.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Jim W4LC