Re: [WriteLog] SOLVED !! - Rttyrite Issue with V11.10G - No Transmit - S

To: Writelog <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SOLVED !! - Rttyrite Issue with V11.10G - No Transmit - SOLVED !!!
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 12:43:41 -0400

> One last thing ... you may need to set COMM PTT to "NO" if there is a
> conflict between the TX1; command and hardware PTT on PKS.
>
> Response:
>
> Doing precisely that - setting COMM PTT to "NO"  (in Writelog) solved
> the problem!

This is just another reason I am so dead set against using software
commands to control PTT.  There are simply too many problems with the
interaction between software commands and the hardware (RTS) PTT -
particularly where the rig in question has more than one PTT input!

Mixing software PTT and hardware PTT is now known to cause issues with
Elecraft, Icom and Kenwood (some models) rigs.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

One last thing ... you may need to set COMM PTT to "NO" if there is a
conflict between the TX1; command and hardware PTT on PKS.

Response:

Doing precisely that - setting COMM PTT to "NO"  (in Writelog) solved
the problem!

The first time I read Joe's suggestion, I misinterpreted it.

After I read it again, I had my "aha" moment and .. BINGO!

Thanks again, Joe!

Also, I owe thanks to Ed, W0YK, who has been of tremendous help!

73,

Al, K6RIM