[WriteLog] Upgrade - What a pickle!!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Upgrade - What a pickle!!
From: "Mark, G0MGX" <mark.g0mgx@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 18:42:04 +0100
Hi Guys

I'm reasonably new in the world of Writelog and have, to date, been running
with version 10.9 the "newbie special".

Today I've purchased the full version and downloaded and installed 11.10G.

All was OK, until I came to configure the XMMT plugin - I found I had to
un-install the MMTTY plug-in before ANY option on the TU Type menu worked.
With the MMTTY plug-in installed the software hung (not crashed - almost as
if a window had opened out of view).

So I now have MMTTY configured using the XMMT plug-in with RX working FB. My
problem is that I cannot get the PTT line to work.

My setup is a simple transistor switch on both the RTS and TxD lines for PTT
and FSK respectively; this is using a true com port on the PC (no usb to
serial adaptor) which happens to be COM3.

I have the COM3 port selected in the Rttyrite window Port menu and also
Hardware generated FSK selected. If I edit the MMTTY setup screen and the TX
tab and select the same COM port COM3 as the PTT and FSK port then I get a
"Cannot Open COM3" message - memory seems to let me remember that this
option wasn't available in the plug-in so is perhaps something new in the
XMMT interface.

If I open up Logger32 with the MMTTY engine running then the PTT and FSK
lines are working correctly when COM3 is selected - this confirms I have a
Writelog config issue - I think?!

Anyhow, the long and short is that I have Don's great RTTY Starter out of
the dusty draw and cant see anything I've missed so I'm now in a real
pickle!

Can anyone suggest what I've missed?

Thanks,

Mark.