Re: [WriteLog] Upgrade - What a pickle!!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Upgrade - What a pickle!!
From: Ed Muns <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 03:47:58 -0700
Mark G0MGX wrote:
> Here's what I would like to do with Writelog and my FT5K:
>

> *         2 decoders (one MMTTY and one 2Tone) on the main receiver
>
> *         A third decoder on the sub-receiver
>

> I guess this is S02V operation.
>

> Is there anything I can read on-line to explain how to set up
> two separate decoders at the same time

Don is updating his tutorial on WriteLog and XMMT on www.rttycontesting.com
with instruction on setting up Clone receive-only windows.  Meanwhile, it is
pretty straightforward once you have your first Rttyrite window set up with
either MMTTY or 2Tone.  On the Rttyrite File menu, select "Clone (Receive
only)" and a second Rttyrite window will open.  Set it up as you did the
first window, choosing the decoder you want to use, perhaps different than
the one used in the first Rttyrite window.

> and then any pointers
> for the second receiver config?

If the audio from the FT5K to the PC soundcard is stereo with main receiver
and sub-receiver on different channels, then you can set up a Clone Rttyrite
window looking at the sub-receiver audio channel instead of the main
receiver audio channel.  However, you will have to swap VFOs in order to
work stations on the sub-receiver because I don't believe there is SO2V
capability in the Yaesu/FT5K rig driver in WriteLog.

Ed W0YK