[WriteLog] Digi Keyer and 2 radios

To: "writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Digi Keyer and 2 radios
From: "rob" <wa1fcn@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 21:48:53 -0500
Hi All

Thank you Dean 8p2sh, Joe w4tv  Jim kc4hw. Between the
three of you I got a better understanding of two radio writelog
setup and the use of Digi Keyer.
I am now able to have frequency readout on both radio from
writelog.  I have full radio control only on one rig (FT1000 MK 5)
because it is the one Digi Keyer is connected to.
This was my main goal to begin with anyway.
I believe my problem was in ports setup of ts870.  I used default
setting of baud rate. One helpfull person told me to check
baud rate.  I have another software program that read the ts870
frequency fine.  That program said it used baud rate 9600.
When inside writelog I checked 9600 baud instead of default
value.  I do not know what default value was, but this is about
the only thing I changed.  I am happy now. Maybe I will look
even further into this SO2R idea. (not too far tho).
73 BoB WA1FCN