Re: [WriteLog] BARTG 75 setup

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] BARTG 75 setup
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 02:35:06 -0400

In the second clone window running XMMT.ocx and MMTTY with the AA6YQ
profile I have set the Mode to 75 baud in RttyRite and in its MMTTY
instance. However, the decoding in this clone window is still not
perfect.

Don't even think abut using the AA6YQ profile for 75 baud.  The filters
are simply too narrow for the added bandwidth.  You are seeing the
effects of inter-symbol interference from channel (Mark/Space) filters
that are close to optimum for 45.45 baud but have far too much delay
for 75 baud.

The AA6YQ profile has *two* cascaded 512 tap filters in each decoder
channel - the "Dual Peak filter" as a bandpass filter and a second
512 tap FIR resonator for each channel.  Each of those resonators is
35 Hz wide - far too narrow for 75 baud.

I'd copy the AA6YQ profile ... *uncheck* the Dual Peak filter on the
Demodulator tab, change the TAP in the Discriminator box to 386 and
increase the FW setting in the Pre-Filter/BPF to 150 as a starting
point for 75 baud work.   In addition, I would enable ATC (AFC/ATC
tab) and set sweep to .3

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV