Re: [WriteLog] Key remapping & stateful enter key for RTTY

To: "'Gary AL9A'" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Key remapping & stateful enter key for RTTY
From: Ed Muns <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 21:42:35 -0700
>From WriteLog Help:

"Insert
Sends the message corresponding to F10. (or you can change the
"SendCallExchangeKey" entry in WRITELOG.INI to use a different function
key.) Presumably you would have programmed this key to send the callsign
followed by the contest exchange. The callsign is what's in the CALL field,
unless you have a RTTY window up. With RTTY, the "callsign" to send comes
from the RTTY window where a call detected as a multiplier (highlighted
yellow) has priority over others. The cursor in the Entry window is advanced
to the first field in the exchange."

Therefore, you can assign the Insert function to any key on the keyboard by
going to Setup/Keyboard Shortcuts and clicking the 'Next key pressed'
button.  Then, press the key you want the Insert function to be mapped to.
Select EntrySendCallExchange on the "Command to run:" menu.  Hit "Add
Shortcut" and "OK" to exit.

I choose to map Insert to the Apostrophe key and my TU/Now message to the
Semicolon key.  I map Open Square Bracket to my callsign and Close Square
Bracket to my S&P Exchange message which includes the %L macro to log the
QSO.

73,
Ed - W0YK
Ed Muns