[WriteLog] Need advice on Writelog installation conventions on Windows 7

To: Writelog user group <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Need advice on Writelog installation conventions on Windows 7
From: Rick Tavan N6XI <rtavan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 16:35:35 -0700
With the advent of Windows 7, my Writelog installation has become very
cumbersome. Windows wants programs installed in c:\Program Files but
Writelog insists on installing itself in c:\ham (where it started out a
decade ago). Even Uninstall/Reinstall still ends up putting Writelog into
c:\ham. Writelog's Convert CTY utility, however, now stores its output in
c:\ProgramData\Writelog but Writelog looks in c:\ham\Programs for the
files. Convert CTY and Writelog | Web Update Data Files no longer work if
the current user is not an administrator, so I have to switch user to run
the utility or to use the internal function. Then, I have to move the
output files from the utility from c:\ProgramData\Writelog to
c:\ham\Programs. Finally, writelog.ini is now stored in a shadow folder
that imitates what used to be c:\Windows which is now off limits to
civilian programs, so I have to create a shortcut to that weird location
which isn't the same weird location as it was with Windows XP.  I suspect
Writelog can be installed more closely in accord with Windows 7 conventions
and its utilities and functions may work more intuitively, but so far I've
been unable to break away from c:\ham. Uninstall/Reinstall doesn't help
(here). Does anyone know a safe way to "get with the program?" Perhaps
copying a variety of files into a non-Writelog place, uninstall/reinstall,
tweak the Registry, stuff like that?

"I really want to be normal!"

Thanks,

Rick