Re: [WriteLog] Migrating WL 11.x from XP to Win7 Pro?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Migrating WL 11.x from XP to Win7 Pro?
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 22:20:45 -0900
Eric,

Not running under Win7, but Vista which is somewhat similar regarding the installation.

I don't know about any particular 'gotchas' under Win7, but be aware that unlike many other programs WL is designed to be installed under C:\Program Files. This installation will simplify future WL updates, as well as automated updates of the cty files and updating of .DAT files in the C:\ProgramData\WriteLog folder. Trying to fool Win7 by installing WL under the root directory will surely lead to problems down the road.

Coming from XP, the biggest 'gotcha' you will have to surmount is the Virtual Store path location where Win7 will place key elements of the WL Programs folder and a Windows folder for your writelog.ini file. After you become accustomed to these differences it really isn't that a big deal.

73,
Gary AL9A

-----Original Message----- From: Eric Rosenberg